Search the Blogs I have linked with

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Microsoft Office 2010

I decided to attend this workshop based on my other hat as a Business/Computer Teacher. Right now our school district runs Office 2003 on all the computers except the HS Business classes - who purchased their own licenses for 2007. I am MS Certified in Excel and Word 2007. So this new version intrigues me - perhaps its a chance for the rest of the school to get caught up and then we'll be back to one version of Office. Perhaps I will be teaching this in a Business class. Maybe I'll need to become certified in these as well. Should be interesting to see how different 2010 is from the the very different 2007. Compatibility is another issue I want to learn more about.

So here are the notes...

PowerPoint will allow embedded video
pretty funny MS2010 trailer on you tube - see if I can find it
http://netsquirrel.com
Next version of Office 14 (they're skipping 13)
No major interface changes - just minor updates (yeah!!!)

2007 Change - make it easier to find things (Top 10 Requests were things MS already did - people just couldn't find it)

Major focus online storage, editing and collaboration
Release unknown - June 15?
7 Different Suites available - no free upgrades

Office Button returns to File - takes away from the document and goes "backstage"
=rand(5) inserts 5 random paragraphs of text
permissions now built in
Print and Print Preview are now combined (hooray!)
Paste Preview
Merge Paste (keeps formatting such as bold, italics but converts to be the same)
Ribbon now in all applications
Ribbon can be customized
Minimize/Maximize ribbon with "smoosh" button

Edit video (to shorten add a few effects)
Text effects replaces WordArt (similar to Excel chart effects)
Screenshots on insert tab - much faster than print screen
Background Removal tool - get rid of background of picture
More SmartArt
Windows Live SkyDrive - 25GB harddrive free - sharing and editing capabilities with limited web version
Simultaneous co-editing on the cloud
Control F - find feature enhanced more like Adobe and Google Books
Broadcast slide show live
Record Slideshow
Animations has its own tab
Equation Editor now in PP
Sections in PP and then close to
Animation Painter



Embed 2007
delete watch v
www.youtube.com/v/filename

Open PowerPoint
Office Button
Options --> Popular turn on Developer Tab --> ok
Developer Tab --> more tools --> add Shockwave ActiveX Control --> ok
Draw box with cursor
Properties

No comments:

Post a Comment